It's no secret- you know I'm a fan of painstakingly easy DIY projects that involve washi tape [like this one]. I just don't really have the patience or desire to try anything much bigger. But washi tape.... oh, washi tape I can handle. I thought of this project because I really, really love this vase. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm not going to spend that on a vase and also I'm not engaged or having a baby so I can't register for it. I know the result is nowhere near the same... but with a small piece of tape and a dollar store vase- I ended up with just enough of a change to satisfy my craving for polka dots. Plus, it looks pretty adorable in our kitchen. Let's get started:
1. With a ruler or measuring tape, identify how low you want the tape to sit.
2. Using the ruler as a guide, make four dots around the circumference of the vase with a chalk pen.
3. Carefully place the tape along the dots. TIP: If you're like me, it will take a few times for the tape to lay flat and straight. Luckily, washi tape is very forgiving!!
4. Cut a clean line at the end, and make sure the edges line up.
5. Arrange your flowers and enjoy!!
If you decide to tackle this project at home ["tackle" being used lightly, of course!], then be sure to share with me on Instagram using hashtag #leopardandlavender. I'd love to see!