Since I cover beauty for Rue Daily's "Beauty Beat" column, I get the chance to try a lot of great [and not so great] beauty products. There are SO many products out there, shopping for makeup and skincare can get really overwhelming. Plus, a lot of products are good but not memorable. However, once in awhile I come across things that I'll be using for a LIFETIME. And what's the point of knowing the BEST beauty products if you don't share?? Here's what has totally blown my routine out of the water... in the best way possible:
1. The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ: My friend Jamie [of Blush by Jamie Rose] sent this to me, and I am SO grateful she did. I'd never used a lip scrub before, but I also rarely wore lipstick because I felt like it always looked cakey. Well, it was the dead skin that made lipstick look so terrible!! You take a little bit of this scrub and massage it into your lips, then wipe it off with a tissue. And the result is HOLY COW, smoothest lips ever. I can finally wear lipstick! I can't believe I've gone so long without knowing the wonder of lip scrub. I also really like the flavor of this. Couldn't recommend it more.
2. Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation by bareMinerals: I don't blog about it very often, but I have the WORST skin. I deal with a lot of breakouts which always result in dark spots on my face. UGH. I've never really loved wearing foundation, but most days- I just have to. I am a big fan of bareMinerals, and when I found out they were launching a NEW liquid foundation- I knew I had to try it. Boy, I have never loved a makeup more. It's a tone-correcting mineral foundation & also a serum... which improves the appearance of dark spots over time. [AKA this was designed for me.] Plus, you apply it with a really cool brush. You just add a few drops to the brush & then apply in a circular motion. It's the best coverage ever & lasts all day long!
3. Dirty Pretty Things by Gressa Skin: I just discovered Gressa Skin, and am officially their biggest fan!! It's a chic, eco-skincare line that uses organic, wild-crafted, and sustainable ingredients only. I used to think eco meant it wouldn't work as well, but Gressa proved me wrong! Dirty Pretty Things is a cleanser you use 1-2 times a week, and it really helps revitalize my skin. It's a powder that you mix with water, and then massage onto your face. It kind of tingles [so cool] and my skin really feels refreshed & renewed every single time. It's my new favorite skincare ritual! [Also, be sure to check out Gressa's lip balm- Lip Boost BARE. Just the right amount of color!]
4. Ultra Hydrating Body Cream by Amlactin: When we got back from Mexico, my skin was SO dry for weeks and weeks on end. I tried this cream from Amlactin, and it totally saved me. I use it all over when I get out of the shower, and have seen a noticeable improvement in the quality of my skin. My legs finally feel smooth again, my arms don't have that tight, dehydrated feeling, and I'm convinced this is what helped my tan stick around. Seriously! Plus, it's really affordable [one of the best prices I've seen for such a high quality cream]- always a plus in my book!!
5. Treatment Cleanser by Marie Veronique Organics: I was introduced to Marie Veronique Organics through Rue, and I'm confident I'll be using this line as long as I live. I was really apprehensive about using face oils at first [oil on your face? doesn't that seem totally counterintuitive??], but I trusted the girl who recommended it. AND, I basically owe her for the rest of time. My skin hasn't been this clear in MONTHS. The cleanser is extremely nourishing and has given me a new approach to skincare. I used to think I needed to really dry it out, but it's actually quite the opposite. I've found breakouts clear up & heal much quicker when my skin is nourished, and I have FINALLY stopped breaking out altogether. This cleanser = total game changer.
So, do you have any new beauty favs?? Also, be sure to check back on Tuesday! I've partnered with one of these brands to do an AMAZING giveaway. Wahoo!