Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Book Club: Where'd You Go Bernadette, Parts Five-Seven
Here are the FINAL QUESTIONS for our Book Club! [Can you believe it came & went so fast?] SPOILER ALERTS BELOW, & questions in the comments! ALSO... stay tuned since we'll be having a Twitter Chat about the book soon. :)
1. Did you think Bernadette had died? Were you hopeful that they'd find her, or did you think Bee was heading down the same erratic, obsessive path as her mother?
2. The book is about a woman who disappears, both literally and figuratively. Were you able to relate to this? Do you feel that her situation was unique, or did it accurately represent women who "disappear" into motherhood and marriage?
3. The trip was the cause of meltdowns for Bernadette, but ended up being exactly what she needed. How do the other characters experience their own breakthroughs?
4. The book ends somewhat open-ended. What do you foresee happening in the future between this family, specifically- Bernadette & Elgie?
5. Were you satisfied with the ending?